Pastels are really big makeup trend for SS20.
With the arrival of summer it’s a great time to switch up your usual makeup routine and be a bit more playful.
I received a gorgeous selection of makeup from Beauty Palast. They are a Swiss online makeup store with over 11 000 products including some of my favorite brands like Makeup Revolution which I usually only find when I go to London!
So, with the recent bright days, a spring summer look that was seen all over Fashion Week was pastel eyeshadows. From icy mints, pale pinks to baby blues, it’s a baby doll trend that first hit big back in 1959 when the Barbie doll was launched wearing pale blue eyeshadow. This makeup trend remained popular from the 1960s to the 70s; then it was revived in the 00s and is hitting us hard this summer! It might seem like quite an advanced and intimidating makeup look but it is actually super simple, fun and easy to do!
So here is my take on the pastel pop makeup trend:
1. First I applied a little cream eyeshadow on my lids to have a base. I love Eye Glisten in Adored By You from Makeup Revolution as it’s got a gorgeous finish (it also looks great just on its own)
02. Next, taking the pastel shade of your choice, blend it all over each lid. I chose an icy blue shade from Makeup Revolution Glass Shadow Palette in Mirror. Focusing on the crease and blending it up and out with a fluffy brush.
3. Taking a slightly darker shade, add depth to the crease and along your lower lashes. Creating a shadow, almost like a cloud of color around your eyes.
4. Last but not least, mascara! Apply a lot to the base of your lashes to really define them. I used the L.O.V Cosmetics IllusionEYES 24H Volume & Curl False Lash Effect Mascara.
5. If you want to go full 00s, top off the look with the glittery LIPvolumizer Plumping Serum Gloss. And be sure to add some body glitter!
Want more beauty and makeup ideas? Click here!
SHOP THE POST